We will prepare your annual accounts in line with UK accounting rules for your approval, and submit them securely to the authorities. As Registered Auditors, we are also able to conduct audits under the Companies and Charities Acts.
Your company’s statutory accounts have to be prepared in accordance with UK GAAP, and they have to be filed on time.
Leave your annual accounts preparation to the experts
As part of our accountancy services, our friendly, experienced accountants will prepare your accounts efficiently and promptly using modern software; they’ll liaise closely with you and your team to make sure everything is done correctly; and they’ll submit them securely to Companies House using iXBRL technology.
We are a "digital-first" firm which means that everything can be done electronically - even the approval and submission of the accounts. However, we are happy to provide paper copies of your accounts if required, at no extra cost.
We help smart business owners who want reliable accounts, produced on time and filed on time, by providing the timely and reliable accounting and audit support they need to:
- effectively monitor and manage business financial performance
- file accurate accounts with the relevant authorities on time
- provide assurance to investors and other stakeholders
- understand the critical information and insights their accounts can provide
For us, business is a serious matter, and understanding accounts is a skill that’s critical to master. Yes, our proactive and efficient accountants can get your company’s accounts prepared, audited, and filed on time. We can also go much further than that, if you want us to, by taking the time to help you understand what the numbers actually mean. And once you can read a P&L and balance sheet, we promise you’ll be amazed at the new understanding and insights you’ll gain about your business finances.
We work with companies and small groups with up to £10m annual turnover; if you’re bigger than that you’re probably better off with a mid-tier firm.
Unlike a majority of smaller UK accountancy firms these days, we do provide auditing and assurance services – we’re registered auditors regulated by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland and we audit many great businesses.
We don’t prepare accounts using the international standards (IFRS) and we don’t prepare accounts using the micro-entity standard (FRS 105), either. This is because micro entity accounts are nonsense, and with us you can have decent FRS 102 accounts for the same price anyway so why bother with the completely useless and inferior micro-entity standard? Even the government are now considering scrapping it.
If you’re the kind of business owner who likes to bring in a bag of receipts once a year expecting us to ‘sort it out’, then we’re not for you (and you’re not for us, either – but the right accountancy firm is out there for you... somewhere).
Our accounts preparation & audit services include:
- efficiently preparing and filing reliable and fully UK GAAP compliant annual financial accounts for your company
- preparing group consolidated financial statements (small UK groups only)
- meeting with you to communicate about what the numbers in the accounts actually mean
- helping you track and monitor key deadlines
- delivering management accounts to you periodically to help you can effectively track the financial performance and position of your company
- maintaining the detailed financial records – doing the “bookkeeping” and submitting VAT returns
- auditing your company’s financial statements
- attending board meetings, AGMs to present the financials
To discuss your specific requirements and get a quote, complete the enquiry form or call us today. Or make an appointment to visit us at our Edinburgh or Kirkwall office.