Kirkwall / Scotland wide (work from home)
- ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
We are looking for talented accounting professionals to join our team and help us achieve our vision - to be the trusted advisors to high growth small businesses.
We currently have vacancies for:
- qualified accountants (eg CA, ACCA)
- accounting assistants with current or recent experience in an accountancy practice environment
Successful candidates will gain experience working with a diverse and interesting portfolio of small businesses.
You will have a track record of completing small business accounts to a high standard, communicating effectively with clients on a regular basis, and contributing positively as part of a team. You will be comfortable with innovation in the workplace.
We are looking for people who constantly strive to achieve high professional standards. Your career and references will reflect your belief that ‘a job worth doing is worth doing well’. You will also be energetic and self-motivated, quick learning, and comfortable and effective in a team environment. You will also have a positive and optimistic disposition.
In return we offer great career development opportunities and a personal commitment to actively involve you in the growth and development of our business.
About the roles
Duties of both roles include
- preparing accounts for a range of interesting small businesses and some third sector clients
- managing or participating in statutory audits
- preparing tax computations for companies and traders
- providing growth and tax advice to our clients
- assisting with the delivery of business planning and other key services to our clients
The more senior roles will involve managing, supervising and helping to develop other team members.
Candidates applying to the senior roles should be conversant with UK GAAP as it applies to small companies, in particular FRS 102.
Some business tax experience is desirable, but not essential as training can be provided.
Successful candidates will share our values:
- being straightforward, truthful, honest and ethical in all dealings
- aiming for the best quality in all aspects of work
- striving to innovate and improve
- being friendly and approachable, having empathy for other people
- having a positive attitude to work and career
What we offer in return
- a supportive, interesting working environment
- a range of interesting career development opportunities
- an opportunity to be an important part of our small, but growing and innovative practice
- flexible working arrangements, depending on your location and circumstances
- supported training and development opportunities
- a competitive remuneration package
- Full time - 35 hours/week
- Hours – standard hours are Monday to Friday 9 to 5
- Holiday – 20 days per year plus Christmas break
- Location – Kirkwall, Orkney; or work from home if outwith Orkney
If you are interested, please call us on 01856 872983 and ask for Karen Scholes or Ivan Houston, or you can email us instead with your application - we require a short covering letter and up to date CV please.
If you know someone else who might be interested, please share this with them today!