Our blog has been up and running for just over a year now, so I thought we'd repost links to the top 10 most read articles. Here they are...
1. Grant support in Orkney. A summary of the main grant funding options available locally. If you don't ask... you don't get!
2. Self Assessment - how to pay your tax; and what to do if you can't. Explains the main payment methods, with some extra advice on time-to-pay arrangements and payment plans. With 31 January just around the corner again, this one might be worth a re-read. Contact Kayleigh for further assistance.
3. Accounting myths and legends. Diane's slightly tongue-in cheek look at what we really do.
5. Making Tax Digital - an update. MTD is coming, in case you hadn't heard already! HMRC is planning to write to all affected businesses during November, though if you're one of our customers and you're affected, you'll have heard from us already.
6. Business cars and vans: claiming capital allowances. A perennial question; "What tax relief do I get for a business car or van?" We summarise the key points for you.
7. Top tax tips for 2018/19. It seems that tax planning is one of your favourite pastimes! Either that, or you've found the perfect sleeping aid! Anyway, here are those tips again.
8. Tax planning for you and your business. More tax saving tips,with a focus on small businesses.
9. Grow your business to £1m. Thoughts on growing and scaling your small business. Step back from the coalface and think about the big picture. If you don't, no-one will.
10. How to get the most from your team. Karen's piece explores some of the factors that distinguish successful teams.
We always welcome your comments and suggestions for topics to write about in our blog. Please feel welcome to get in touch with your ideas and comments!