Edinburgh’s Employer Recruitment Incentives (EERI) is funded by the Scottish Government under the No One Left Behind and Young Person’s Guarantee funding stream, and contributes to the work of the Edinburgh Guarantee.
The EERI fund can help with the costs of recruiting and employing someone who fits the criteria. If you are a private or third sector organisation with no more than 250 employees, you may be able to apply.
If your application is successful you can receive up to £6,000 for newly created jobs or apprenticeships. The fund can cover:
- other work-related costs
The employment must last for over 52 weeks and a maximum of two applications can be made. Employees must:
- have a contract for at least 52 weeks at the minimum wage or higher; and
- be unemployed and meet the eligibility criteria for the fund.
You can employ someone who meets all the following criteria:
- aged between 16 – 67 years;
- has the right to live and work in the UK; and
- falls within two or more of the fund’s eligible groups (see Appendix 1 of the Employers’ Pack).
For details of how to apply, download the Employer's Pack.
Funds are for new job starts up to 31 March 2021. The employee must be in post by this date.
You can’t apply for funding for someone who is already in post. It must be for a new job, and the person must be out of work at the time of applying.
Employees must have a contract for a minimum 16 hours per week, which is:
- a permanent contract;
- a fixed-term contract for 52 weeks or more; or
- a Modern Apprenticeship.
Zero-hours contracts will not be eligible.
For more information contact Edinburgh’s Employer Recruitment Incentive (EERI), phone 0131 529 3139.